Mechanic (Central Air Conditioning, Industrial Cooling and Package Air Conditioning) (ATS)
- Job Description Installs, operates, repairs and maintains Central Air Conditioning, Industrial Cooling and Package Air Conditioning system for providing cooling of warming media for industrial processes or for other purposes. Examines faulty equipment to ascertain nature and location of defects, replaces defective parts to set plant to desired cooling conditions, prevents leakage and ensures attainment and maintenance of required temperature. Observes readings in various gauges, operates and manipulates various switches, thermostats & other controls to maintain desired level of temperature and to keep system in good running order.
- SectorElectronics & HW
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours3120
- Accrediting BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Certifying BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Proposed Occupation
Mechanic (Central Air Conditioning, Industrial Cooling and Package Air Conditioning) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Plant Attendant
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Mechanic (CACP, IC _ PAC).pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Use of dry & wet bulb thermometer, sling psychrometer, using psychrometric chart to plot processes. Rough checking of the performance of A.C. equipment 60 4 Use of Anemometers of measuring Air-flow Use of inclined tube manometer for measuring Air pressure, pivot tube for air-flow measurement. 70 4 Servicing & trouble shooting of package A.C 80 5 Operation of package A.C. check for system leaks and leak repairs 60 5 Identify Electrical wiring of the compressor and check in the wiring system of package A.C. Checking & testing of H.P/L.O/O.P/cut out, solenoid valve, thermostat etc. 60 5 Duct material and standard, reading and understanding duct layout drawings sheet metal duct work. Longitudinal and transverse joints 60 5 Servicing & maintenance of various types of Air filters. Noise control and isolation of piping, ducting, AHU Room and apply of acoustic material 60 5 Chilled water pining and insulation, servicing of focus and water control valves, mixing dampers face and by pass dampers. 60 5 Installing compressor and other system component, verifying airflow and distribution. Operation of electrical and mechanic components 60 5 Pull and verify deep vacuum. Perform leak checks and make repairs. Check system operation whilst following all safety procedures. 60 5 Check Operation of A.C. plant, check for system leaks and check and clean heat exchanger. Check out sample for acidity, check superheat. 60 5 Dismantling of commercial type reciprocating compressor 60 5 Checking and servicing valve plat and piston assembly tapping 60 5 Checking lubricating system, servicing of oil pump 60 5 Checking & Servicing capacity control of compressor fitting and testing 60 5 Checking servicing bearing, shaft seal cutting gasket and assemble of compressor testing efficiency 80 5 Servicing of water cooler condenser and receiver checking leakage 80 5 Servicing of evaporative condenser checking and repairing and testing 70 5 Servicing of cooling tower –its care and maintenance installation 80 5 Servicing of water softening and removing paint its care and maintenance 80 5 Servicing of water circulating pumps dismantling and reassembly Testing and adjusting of expansion devices 80 5 Servicing of water/brine chillers, Servicing of suction-liquid heat exchangers 80 5 Routine maintenance, overhauling preventive maintenance of large AC plants, Maintenance, log book and record keeping 80 5 Total (Block-I) 1560 5 Identify Operating Principles of Screw, Rotary and Scroll compressors. 160 5 Check Types of condensers, cooling towers, AHUs, chillers (D-X, / flooded) 170 5 Check environment friendly refrigerants viz. R134a, R407c, R410, R290, R32, their merits / demerits, system pressures and procedures for vacuuming, handling, operation and maintenance. 180 5 Check Basic fundamentals of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) 100 5 Check Principles and Operation of Variable Refrigerant Volume (VRV) systems 100 5 Operation and maintenance of modulating devices for chilled water AC systems and Variable Air Volume (VAV) units used in air distribution systems. 180 5 Identify Basic operation of screw and scroll chillers 170 5 Identify Basic operation of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) / Plant Manager / Building Management Systems (BMS) 160 . Measure Temperature by various types of RTD (Resistance Temp Detectors) and electronic sensors 160 Measure system performance parameters, calculate the energy efficiency and ascertain the performance of Air Conditioning Systems. 180 Total 1560 1000 4120
- Formal structure of the qualification