Interior Designer and Decorator (ATS)
- Job Description Interior Designer plans, designs and furnishes interiors of residential, commercial or industrial buildings. Decorator creates artistic and ornamental designs in colour for interior and exterior decorations, displays and arranges in attractive manner wares, products, furniture, bathroom, kitchen and commercial decorations etc.
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4120
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Interior Designer & Decorator has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Interior Design
- Furniture Design
- Bathroom & kitchen designer
- Decorators & commercial designers, other
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Architecturaln Assistant.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Identify safety precaution on the shop floor. 40 4 Draw Free hand sketching of geometrical figure furniture and door Design, Window design. 80 5 Explain simple problem on projecting of point’s lines surfaces and solids.. 80 4 Define Theories of colors for various color scheme. 40 4 Draw different types of arches & lintels. 60 5 Plan and draw Sections & Elevation of Residential building single story with sketches and line diagram 120 5 Design and draw of furniture like sofa, bed, TV unit’s dining table office furniture etc. 100 5 Draw Perspective views of interiors including coloring practice and Shading. 120 5 Design and draw pelmet and types of door window details. 40 5 Make Drawings of flooring Patterns. 80 5 Draw Isometric view of interiors like Kitchen, Drawing, and Dinning & Bathrooms 120 5 Design Staircase types & Calculation and draw complete details including handrails 80 4 Design Residential Building rooms’ services and utilities ex- kitchen, toilet etc. 120 5 Draw interior layout for various purposes (living, dining, drawing, bed rooms). 200 5 Select items as per Design which is used in interiors. 200 5 Identify Indoor / Outdoor Plants in which is used in interiors. 80 5 Total (Block-I) 1560 5 Design and draw lighting plan with the help of tracing sheet. 40 4 Design and draw various false ceiling, flooring, partition & Paneling etc. 120 4 Explain varnishes, polishing, painting classification and uses. 40 5 Draw working drawing of various drawings and sanitary proposal Connected with building. 80 5 Operate Computer and able to draw various drawing using Autocad. 200 5 Prepare estimate of all types of Residential Building. 80 5 Design and draw working drawings of Commercial building. 160 5 Explain standard office procedure drawings. 80 5 Design and draw different types of furniture. 160 5 Identify and use different types of materials used in buildings i.e. flooring ,walls, ceiling etc. 80 5 Draw building plumbing electrical fittings etc. 80 5 Prepare working drawing of different types building by AutoCAD. 200 5 Select space programming circulation and design. 40 5 Carry out Case Study of hotels and corporate interiors. 40 5 Visit the historical Residential, hotels, Commercial Places. 40 5 Design display portion ex. Window and island display. 40 5 Identify how to deals with the customers. 40 5 Identify and use printout drawings of all types of sizes A1 A2 A3 A4. 40 5 Total (Block-II) 1560 5 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 1000 5 Total 4120
- Formal structure of the qualification