Ceramic Caster (ATS)
- Job Description The person should be able to cast clay &porcelain wares like cups, bowls, pots, etc. by pouring slip (semi-liquid clay) into plaster-of-Paris moulds. Should select moulds and clean inside to remove dust and foreign matter; should know how to prevent leakage of slip through joints; stir slip thoroughly in container, add water if necessary to obtain proper consistency. Should be able to achieve required thickness formed inside mould; remove partially dry molded ware; scrape ware with knife like tool; smoothen it with wet sponge and place it on drying rack.
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Ceramic Caster has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- Ceramic caster
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Ceramic Caster.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Safety and best practices/Basic Industrial Culture (5S, KAIZEN, etc.) 60 3 Prepare different types of documentation as per industrial need by different methods of recording information. 60 4 Explain onDeflocenlation and setting. 60 4 Explain on Casting process. 60 3 Explain on Plaster Making-economy in the use of Plaster. 60 4 Classify the different ceramic wares according to body, namely, Terracotta, stoneware, E’ware, Semi-porcelain, Porcelain, Bone china, Vitreous China etc 60 4 Identify the raw materials without use of sophisticated instruments. 60 3 Examine various parts of machine for ceramic slip house and casting slip, namely –Ball mill, Bungers, Diaphragm Pump Fitter Press, De-airing Pug Mill, Magnets etc. 120 4 Prepare the casting slip with Deflocculating agent like Sodium Silicate, Sodium Carbonate, etc. 120 4 Study of casting rate with different age of moulds: (a)Study of density-pint weight, specific gravity, flow properties, contents of bobbles. (b) Age of curing. 120 4 Examine various faults in casting:- (a) Flabby casting (f) Variation of casting weight (b) Pin holding (c) Bubble formation in casting slip (d) Cracking (e) Wreathing (f) Proportionate shrinkage 160 4 Explain on Development of Strength of Plaster. 120 4 Test of Casting slip – Viscosity, Pint- weight, PH value, etc. 160 4 Explain on Strength vs. Thickness. 160 4 Rectify of the above defects of the casting slip by thickening, corrective additions, P H control, etc. 160 4 Practice in Drain Casting, solid Casting and Pressure Casting – Tea set, Dinner Set Artistic Toys, sanitary- ware, Insulators , etc. 120 4 Practice the uses of casting Tools. 100 4 Join and finish of the cast wares. 100 4 Perform TPM (Total Production Management), TQM (Total Quality Management) and record keeping system. 100 4 Total (Block-I) 2080 4 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 500 4 Total 2580 4
- Formal structure of the qualification