- Job Description Electroplater gives coating of gold, silver, nickel, chromium, copper etc. of required thickness to metal parts by electrolytic process. Regulates current, removes, swills and dries components before they can be used for the required industry.
- SectorCapital Goods & Manufacturing
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4120
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Electroplater has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Electroplater.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Implement various safety measures on the shop floor, demonstrate the usage of first aid, operate the fire extinguishers, read the signs and posters of 5S, plan the house keeping. 50 5 Demonstrate the use of trade hand tools and machineries, draw its specifications, and maintain the hand tools, solder the wire joints and carry out brazing. 50 5 Identify electrical wiring accessories, wire up circuits in wooden/PVC/Metallic boards and troubleshoot the electrical items used in plating. 120 5 Plan the usage, handling and storage of hazardous chemicals. Layout the vat / barrel diagram showing connections for copper and nickel plating and other electroplating equipments. 150 5 Label, store and use the chemicals, cyanides and work with the poisonous gases safely; treat the plating-effluents, softening of hard water by different methods. 100 5 Clean the surface of articles by different methods, scouring, scrubbing, alkaline cleaning, etching, degreasing, pickling, dipping, vapor degreasing methods. 100 5 Polish and buff the articles of Iron and steel, cast Iron, aluminium, brass, bronze etc., carry out the burnishing and lapping; barrel polishing of Iron and steel articles; scouring and finishing of silver and gold, ultrasonic cleaning, anodic and cathod 120 5 Carry out plating copper on different metals by using acid bath, cyanides bath, pyrosulphate solutions etc. 120 5 Carry out plating nickel on different metals by using nickel-sulphate, nickel –sulphamate baths, electroless nickel plating , black electroless nickel plating, nickel plating by barrel method. 100 5 Maintain copper bath and nickel bath solution, carry out the hull cell tests, test the pH value of solutions and measure the parameters- Filtration, temperature & density etc. 100 5 Treat the solution for nickel plating and carry out the effluent treatment of plating solutions. 150 5 Test the quality of copper and nickel plated work with respect to thickness, corrosion, adhesion and pores. 100 5 Inspect for the common defects in copper and nickel bath, explain causes and provide remedies. 100 5 Carry out Lacquering by different methods 50 5 Carry out plating on PCB’s; heat treatment, conversion coating, masking and stripping process 50 5 Total (Block-I) 100 5 Prepare the work and chrome solutions, carry out the chrome bright plating on nickel base, hard chrome plating for dies, printing plates, black chrome plating and barrel chrome plating 1560 Carry out the chrome passivation, chrome bright plating on nickel base, hard chrome plating for dies and printing plates, black chrome plating, identify the defects, causes and rectify the defects. 100 5 Prepare cadmium solutions, carry out cadmium plating on various metals, maintain the plating solutions, carry out the post plating treatment-chrome acid dip, identify defects, causes and rectify the defects. 100 5 Carry out platingsilver on articles made of copper, nickel, and steel. 120 5 Prepare gold solutions, carry out gold plating, maintain gold, practice in masking 120 5 Prepare brass solution, prepare the work, identify and rectify the defects in brass plating. 120 5 Carry out barrel zinc plating, practice stripping. 100 5 Prepare tin solution, set up tin plating bath, carry out tin and tin alloy plating 150 5 Prepare solution for chrome anodizing, sulphuric acid anodizing and oxalic acid anodizing 100 5 Practice metal colouring, bronzing, practice brass etching 100 5 Practice conversion coating on materials such as aluminium, zinc, copper, steel, magnesium alloys, carry out the hot dipping process & electroplating (granadising). Plate PCBs, do the heat treatment, and strip different plating and conversion coating 100 5 Inspect the plated articled visually, determine the thickness of plating, conduct the adhesion test, corrosion test, calculate the current & time, solution composition etc., Carry out pores strength test, salt spray test and BNF test. 150 5 Inspect the plated articled visually, determine the thickness of plating, conduct the adhesion test, corrosion test, calculate the current & time, solution composition etc., Carry out pores strength test, salt spray test and BNF test. 150 5 Install machinery for electroplating shops, select equipments, and design the layout of plant tools and machineries. 150 5 Total (Block-II) 1560 5 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 1000 5 Total 4120 5
- Formal structure of the qualification