Hair and Skin Care (ATS)
- Job Description Specializes in dressing hair according to latest style, period, or character portrayal, or script. Cut, wash &produce desired effect by arranging, shaping, curling, trimming, setting,and bleaching, dyeing and tinting hairs. Works as a manicurist/pedicurist-cleans, shapes and polishes finger nails and feet nails respectively. Provides skin care treatments to face and body to enhance an individual's appearance. Advises clients about colours and types of make-up, and instruct them in make-up application techniques.
- SectorBeauty & Wellness
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2580
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
AHair and skin care providesvarious typesofbeauty services,awareoftheBeauty therapy, Healthandhygiene,Safety&needstobe knowledgeable aboutbeautyproducts. The Hair and Skin care salons/industries provide thefollowing occupations.
- Hairdressers, other
- Hair stylist
- Hair Dresser, ladies
- Pedicurist and Manicurist
- Skin care Specialist
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
- Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
- Three (03) years’ experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
- Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
- Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act, 1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Hai & Skin Care.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level Practice and understand precautions to be followed while working during the jobs. 130 4 Explain trade terminology. 120 4 Develop good appearance and behaviour, practice, tasks as per industry standard and express good communication skill. 110 3 Prepare and maintain work area and maintain health and safety at the work place. 110 4 Carry out epilation and depilation services. Illustrate and explain hair structure & hair growth cycle. 120 4 Carry out manicure and pedicure services. Explain anatomy of nail. Differentiate between and identify nail disease nail disorders. 130 4 Carry out facial treatments for common skin problems. Illustrate and explain skin structure. 130 4 Understand cosmetic colour theory and apply appropriate cosmetics to enhance a client’s appearance. 110 5 Carry out hair treatment for common hair problems. Illustrate and explain structure of hair. 120 4 Carryout basic nail art technique. 120 4 Create basic haircuts using special cutting techniques. 120 4 Create traditional hair styles using artificial aids 130 4 Create hair designs using thermal gadgets and wet styling techniques. 120 4 Demonstrate hair colouring, perming, straightening, rebounding& smoothing. Explain the knowledge of bonds. 130 4 Demonstrate basic corrective makeup & explain basic facial shapes. 120 4 Create bindi, apply heena, design tattoo and drape sarees in different styles. 130 4 Demonstrate basic yogic exercises for stamina building and correcting body posture. 130 4 Total (Block-I) 2080 4 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 500 4 Total 2580 4
- Formal structure of the qualification