Fitter (Steel Plant) (ATS)
- Last Revised
- SectorCapital Goods & Manufacturing
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4120
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
Fitter (Steel Plant) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
Plumbers and Pipe Fitters, Other
Fitter – Fabrication
Maintenance Fitter –Mechanical
Fitter Levelling, Alignment &
Fitter: Hydraulic and Pneumatic
Machinery Mechanics and Fitters,
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of th qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. Only those candidates will be allowed to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
2. Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
3. Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
4. Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be
- Qualification File QF_ATS_Fitter (Steel Plant).pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level 1. Filing & fitting of mating components within an accuracy 80 5 2. Dismounting and Mounting of pedestal & hand grinding wheel 40 5 3. Performance of common jigs and Fixture for drilling. 40 5 4. Installation & Alignment of belts, Chain, Sprockets 40 5 5. Mounting of split bush bearing, Roller contact bearing, Taper roller bearing with proper clearance 120 5 6. Inspection and mounting of ball bearing on shaft with proper fit. 80 5 7. Plummer blocks Mounting methods 80 5 8. Checking size of solid bush bearing, journal and housing for proper fit. 100 5 9. Checking split bush bearing for proper contact on journal and housing 80 5 10. Overhauling of gear box (Pre cleaning, dismantling, clearing, inspection, repair/replacement, assemble). 120 5 11. Checking of backlash and root clearance with feeler gauge, Dial Test Indicator and lead wire. 100 5 12. Shaft alignment 80 5 13. Method of levelling, Preparation of packing and shim. 120 5 14. Checking misalignment with the help of Taper gauge, Feeler gauge and Dial test. 120 5 15. Checking the verticality of a pole with the help of plum bob 40 5 16. Locking static unbalance in a rotor, finding the correction weight. 80 5 17. Cutting, Threading and fitting of pipe. 120 5 18. Method of static balancing and correction. 120 5 19. Bending of pipes and making pipe joint as per drawing. 80 5 20. Assembly, disassembly and overhauling of valves. 120 5 21. Preventive & Schedule maintenance of pumps and overhauling of pump. 120 5 22. Dismantling, cleaning assembly of fans, Blowers, their parts. 100 5 23. Preventive & schedule maintenance. 80 5 24. Measurement current, voltage, resistance and power using appropriate measuring equipments 80 5 25. Measurement of displacement, pressure, temperature, flow, level and speed 80 5 26. Testing of power supply (AC & DC) 80 5 27. Overhauling of Valves, Hydraulic pumps and hydraulic actuators. 120 5 28. Preparing inspection check-list, taking measurement with the help of industrial thermometer and temperature gun. 80 5 29. Overhauling/ Assembly practice of Bearing assembly, Gear/Pulley mounting 120 5 30. Overhauling/ Assembly practice of Gear box, Pump and Valve 120 5 31. Overhauling/ Assembly practice of Jack, Hydraulic cylinder, Lifting hoist and Belts 120 5 32. Joining of metals using welding methods. 80 5 33. Inspection of plant machinery and system 80 5 34. Maintenance of Fans, Blowers and compressor 100 5 Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 1000 Sub Total 4120
- Formal structure of the qualification