- Job DescriptionA Plumber (Pipeline) is responsible for installation and repair of internal as well as basic external pipes in housing, commercial and institutional setups.
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours1200
- Accrediting BodiesIndian Plumbing Skills Council
- Certifying BodiesIndian Plumbing Skills Council
- Proposed Occupation
A Plumber (Pipeline) is responsible for installation and repair of internal as well as basic external pipes in housing, commercial and institutional setups.
- International Comparability
The Technical parts of the NOSs are comparable to Canadian, British and Australian standards. However Numeracy, literacy and basic science levels are lower to match with the existing Indian conditions. Apart from this the Qualification pack, as per the NSDC policy for our country, is for a job role and on a trade or occupation. Following the same there cannot be qualification pack comparability.
- Progression Pathway
Level -4 Plumber (General) – II Plumber (Pumps & E/M Mechanic)
- Qualification File NSQF-Plumbing Pipeline.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level PSC/ N 0103 (Installation, repair & maintenance of internal and basic external piping systems) Mandatory 600 3 PSC/ N 0108 (Coordinating with the senior and other working team) Mandatory 200 Common across level 1-7 PSC/ N 0109 (Maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment Mandatory 400 Common across level 1-7