Auto Blocker – Diamond Processing
- Job DescriptionIndividuals work with the auto-blocking machine and make the basic four (or eight) bottom and top facets of a diamond in order to make it ready for final polishing or brilliance. For auto blocking, the stone is set in a dop. Then dop is fixed in the auto-blocking machine and held down on a revolving cast-iron scaife charged with diamond dust.
- Originally Approved9th NSQC - August 2015
- Last Revised23rd NSQC - August 2019
- SectorGem & Jewellery
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours150
- Accrediting BodiesGems & Jewellery Skill Council of India
- Certifying BodiesGems & Jewellery Skill Council of India
- Proposed Occupation
- International Comparability
- Progression Pathway
Supervisor – Blocking
With the few years of experience gives Auto Blocker
expertise in Blocking skills (Creating and polishing four
or eight bottom and top facets of a diamond and
capability of handling any type of work as well as
understand quality issues in the work. Hence with
developing leadership skills, the candidate could
upgrade to supervisory level.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
The GJSCI has empowered the Training Partners to
play the role of facilitation agency. The roles and
responsibilities of the facilitation agency will be as
1. Survey the market and contact the persons who have
acquired the skills of a particular trade in informal/nonformal
settings and motivate them for getting their
skills/competencies assessed, certified and recognized
by a National Level Organization.
2. Alternatively, a person who has acquired
skills/competencies in informal/non-formal settings and
desires to get his/her skills assessed, certified and
recognized by a National Level Organization
approaches the Training Partner.3. Training Partners will explain and assist interested
candidates to register and submit the application form
along with the required documents.
RPL Implementation Process:
In order to create an awareness about the RPL
assessments, GJSCI will put in marketing efforts in
targeted regions of the country to invite applications
from the persons who desire to get their skills assessed,
recognized and certified in relevant trade.
The set of documents along with the application form
should be sent to the GJSCI office in the form of
scanned copy and hard copy by post or in person by the
i) Proof of work
acquired in informal/non-formal
settings (Self undertaking)
ii) Work experience certificate from
the employer if any
iii) Work experience certificate from
the local Jeweller's Manufacturer's
Group B iv) Copy of the Educational
Qualification certificate, if any
iv) Self undertaking by the candidate
indicating the basic literacy level
The candidate should submit the evidence at
least one each from Group A and Group B.
1. The applications along with the evidence submitted
by the candidates will be screened and reviewed by the
Training Partner & GJSCI.
2. The eligible candidates will be informed accordingly.
3. The candidates who could not be eligible for RPL
assessment, will be informed about the deficiency in
the application form and evidence submitted by them
to the Training Partner and will be asked to apply
again after taking necessary remedial measures.
4. Training Partner will inform the candidates about the
assessment centre, date and time for assessment wellin advance. Efforts will be made to ensure that the
candidate is assessed in his/her work place only.
1. Any artisan above the age of 18 with a minimum
work experience of 6 months can get assessed in the
2. To validate the work experience, we shall need a
letter from the local jeweller’s association or the
employing company certifying his/her experience.
- Qualification File Final New Q file Auto Blocker.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Annexure 1- Recommendation Letter from Line Ministry for Gem and Jewellery 2018
- Annexure 2_ QP_QGJ4602_Auto_Blocker_Version 2.docx
- Annexure 7_MC - Auto Blocker - Q4602
- Industry Validation Letter 1
- Industry Validation Letter 2
- Industry Validation Letter 3
- Industry Validation Letter 4
- Industry Validation Letter 5
- Industry Validation Letter 6
- Industry Validation Letter 7
- Industry Validation Letter 8
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level 1. G&J/N4601 Dop the diamond for blocking 25 3 2. G&J/N4605 Operate autoblocking machine to create facets on diamond 75 3 3. Generate the cut quality report 45 3 4. G&J/N9901 Coordinate with others 3 3 5. G&J/N9902 Maintain health and safety at workplace 2 3 Total 150