- Job DescriptionAssorter (Advanced) follows a set of routine process to assort polished diamonds by looking at them through an eye glass under light and spotting similar type of diamonds according to their cut, carat, colour and clarity and group them into lots and reject those which are not as per required quality. He also assorts big high value diamonds i.e. above .30cts. Also known as Sorter or Grader, the Assorter (advanced) segregates rough/polished diamonds and gemstones into multiple groups based on 4Cs.
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- SectorGem & Jewellery
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours330
- Accrediting BodiesGems & Jewellery Skill Council of India
- Certifying BodiesGems & Jewellery Skill Council of India
- Proposed Occupation
- International Comparability
- Progression Pathway
Supervisor – Final Q.C. and Grading
Working as an Assorter (Advanced) gives candidate an
exposure to handle verities of qualities, sizes of
diamonds and gemstones. With this exposure and
knowledge candidate could upgrade as Final Q.C. and
- Planned arrangements for RPL
The GJSCI has empowered the Training Partners to play
the role of facilitation agency. The roles and
responsibilities of the facilitation agency will be as
1. Survey the market and contact the persons who have
acquired the skills of a particular trade in informal/nonformal
settings and motivate them for getting their
skills/competencies assessed, certified and recognized
by a National Level Organization.
2. Alternatively, a person who has acquired
skills/competencies in informal/non-formal settings and
desires to get his/her skills assessed, certified and
recognized by a National Level Organization approaches
the Training Partner.
3. Training Partners will explain and assist interested
candidates to register and submit the application form
along with the required documents.
RPL Implementation Process:
In order to create an awareness about the RPL
assessments, GJSCI will put in marketing efforts in
targeted regions of the country to invite applications from
the persons who desire to get their skills assessed,
recognized and certified in relevant trade.
The set of documents along with the application form
should be sent to the GJSCI office in the form of scanned
copy and hard copy by post or in person by the Training
1. The applications along with the evidence submitted by
the candidates will be screened and reviewed by the
Training Partner & GJSCI.
2. The eligible candidates will be informed accordingly.
3. The candidates who could not be eligible for RPL
assessment, will be informed about the deficiency in the
application form and evidence submitted by them to the
Training Partner and will be asked to apply again after
taking necessary remedial measures.
4. Training Partner will inform the candidates about the
assessment centre, date and time for assessment well in
advance. Efforts will be made to ensure that the
candidate is assessed in his/her work place only.
1. Any artisan above the age of 18 with a minimum work
experience of 6 months can get assessed in the RPL
2. To validate the work experience, we shall need a letter
from the local jeweller’s association or the employing
company certifying his/her experience
- Qualification File Q file -G&JQ3603_ Assorter(Advanced)_Version 2.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level I. G&J/N3601 Assort small polished diamonds 85 4 II. G&J/N9901 Coordinate with others 3 III. G&J/N9902 Maintain health and safety workplace 2 Sub Total(A) 90 Elective 1. Assorter for Jewellery Manufacturing G&J/N3603 Assort diamonds for jewellery manufacturing 60 Elective 2. Polished Diamonds Assorter G&J/N3604 Assort polished diamonds 60 Elective 3. Rough Diamonds Assorter G&J/N3605 Assort rough diamonds 60 Elective 4. Gemstone Assorter G&J/N3606 Assort gemstones 60 Sub Total (B) 240 Total (A+B) 330