- Job DescriptionThe individual at work needs to cut the rough diamond along the marking by fixing it on to a dop or pot, then slicing it using the blade sawing machine. A blade sawing operator is responsible for delivering perfect cut roughs in the stipulated time, while minimizing weight loss and breakage.
- CodeG&J/Q 4403
- SectorGem & Jewellery
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours45
- Accrediting BodiesGem & Jewellery Skill Council of India
- Certifying BodiesGem & Jewellery Skill Council of India
- Proposed Occupation
- International Comparability
not done yet
- Progression Pathway
Blade sawing supervisor
- Planned arrangements for RPL
The GJSCI has empowered the Training Partners to play the role of facilitation agency. The roles and responsibilities of the facilitation agency will be as follows:
1. Survey the market and contact the persons who have acquired the skills of a particular trade in informal/non-formal settings and motivate them for getting their skills/competencies assessed, certified and recognized by a National Level Organization.
2. Alternatively, a person who has acquired skills/competencies in informal/non-formal settings and desires to get his/her skills assessed, certified and recognized by a National Level Organization approaches the Training Partner.
3. Training Partners will explain and assist interested candidates to register and submit the application form along with the required documents.
RPL Implementation Process:
In order to create an awareness about the RPL assessments, GJSCI will put in marketing efforts in targeted regions of the country to invite applications from the persons who desire to get their skills assessed, recognized and certified in relevant trade.
The set of documents along with the application form should be sent to the GJSCI office in the form of scanned copy and hard copy by post or in person by the Training Partner
i) Proof of work experience/skills/competencies acquired in informal/non-formal settings (Self undertaking)
(Skill based evidence)
ii) Work experience certificate from the employer if any
iii) Work experience certificate from the local Jeweller's Manufacturer's association
iv) Copy of the Educational Qualification certificate, if any
(Literacy based evidence)
iv) Self undertaking by the candidate indicating the basic literacy level
The candidate should submit the evidence at least one each from Group A and Group B.
1. The applications along with the evidence submitted by the candidates will be screened and reviewed by the Training Partner & GJSCI.
2. The eligible candidates will be informed accordingly.
3. The candidates who could not be eligible for RPL assessment, will be informed about the deficiency in the application form and evidence submitted by them to the Training Partner and will be asked to apply again after taking necessary remedial measures.
4. Training Partner will inform the candidates about the assessment centre, date and time for assessment well in advance. Efforts will be made to ensure that the candidate is assessed in his/her work place only.
1. Any artisan above the age of 18 with a minimum work experience of 6 months can get assessed in the RPL programme.
2. To validate the work experience, we shall need a letter from the local jeweller’s association or the employing company certifying his/her experience.
- Qualification File DP - Blade Sawyer.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level G&J/N4401 Fix rough diamond on dop or cassette or holder Mandatory 45 3 G&J/N4405 Cut rough diamond using blade sawing machine Mandatory 3 G&J/N9930 Maintain IPR Mandatory 3 G&J/N9931 Coordinate with team and superiors Mandatory 3 G&J/N9933 Maintain safety Mandatory 3