Casting Machine Operator
- Job DescriptionThe individual at work converts wax models to jewellery pieces through investment casting process. The individual invests the flask and then operates semi to fully-automated machines to pour and regulate the flow of molten precious metal into cavities created by melted wax, to produce cast jewellery pieces on mass scale.
- CodeG&J/Q 2801
- SectorGem & Jewellery
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours60
- Accrediting BodiesGem & Jewellery Skill Council of India
- Certifying BodiesGem & Jewellery Skill Council of India
- Proposed Occupation
- International Comparability
Not done yet
- Progression Pathway
Supervisor- Casting/ QC
- Planned arrangements for RPL
The GJSCI has empowered the Training Partners to play the role of facilitation agency. The roles and responsibilities of the facilitation agency will be as follows:
1. Survey the market and contact the persons who have acquired the skills of a particular trade in informal/non-formal settings and motivate them for getting their skills/competencies assessed, certified and recognized by a National Level Organization.
2. Alternatively, a person who has acquired skills/competencies in informal/non-formal settings and desires to get his/her skills assessed, certified and recognized by a National Level Organization approaches the Training Partner.
3. Training Partners will explain and assist interested candidates to register and submit the application form along with the required documents.
RPL Implementation Process:
In order to create an awareness about the RPL assessments, GJSCI will put in marketing efforts in targeted regions of the country to invite applications from the persons who desire to get their skills assessed, recognized and certified in relevant trade.
The set of documents along with the application form should be sent to the GJSCI office in the form of scanned copy and hard copy by post or in person by the Training Partner
i) Proof of work experience/skills/competencies acquired in informal/non-formal settings (Self undertaking)
(Skill based evidence)
ii) Work experience certificate from the employer if any
iii) Work experience certificate from the local Jeweller's Manufacturer's association
iv) Copy of the Educational Qualification certificate, if any
(Literacy based evidence)
iv) Self undertaking by the candidate indicating the basic literacy level
The candidate should submit the evidence at least one each from Group A and Group B.
1. The applications along with the evidence submitted by the candidates will be screened and reviewed by the Training Partner & GJSCI.
2. The eligible candidates will be informed accordingly.
3. The candidates who could not be eligible for RPL assessment, will be informed about the deficiency in the application form and evidence submitted by them to the Training Partner and will be asked to apply again after taking necessary remedial measures.
4. Training Partner will inform the candidates about the assessment centre, date and time for assessment well in advance. Efforts will be made to ensure that the candidate is assessed in his/her work place only.
1. Any artisan above the age of 18 with a minimum work experience of 6 months can get assessed in the RPL programme.
2. To validate the work experience, we shall need a letter from the local jeweller’s association or the employing company certifying his/her experience.
- Qualification File NSQF-Casting Machine Operator.pdf
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level G&J/N2801 Operate casting machine Mandatory 60 (Cumulative notional hour for all NOS) 4 G&J/N9901 Respect and maintain IPR Mandatory 4 G&J/N9902 Coordinate with others Mandatory 4 G&J/N9905 Maintain occupational health and safety Mandatory 4