Fitter: Levelling, Alignment & Balancing
- Job DescriptionThe job is all about ensuring alignment of moving parts (e.g. pumps, blower fans, etc.) , checking the vibration of moving parts (blower fan, pumps, motor gear box etc.) & balancing of equipment shafts (input and output).
- SectorIron & Steel
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours190
- Accrediting BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesIndian Iron & Steel Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Jobs related to preparation, supply, collection, evaluation and operation of all fluids connected with rolling operations in steel plant.
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the European, Australian and Canadian NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
However Numeracy, literacy and basic science levels are lower in order to match with the existing Indian conditions.
- Progression Pathway
Technician – Mechanical Maintenance
- Qualification File NSQF-Fitter Levelling Alignment & Balancing.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level ISC/N0926: Understand the assigned job of levelling, balancing & alignment Mandatory 190 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 3 ISC/N0927: Prepare for operation of levelling, balancing & alignment Mandatory 3 ISC/N0928: Carry out the assigned operation of levelling, balancing & alignment Mandatory 3 ISC/N0008: Use basic health and safety practices at the work place Mandatory 3 ISC/N0009: Works effectively with others Mandatory 3