QF_Secretarial Practice (English)_CTS1.2_NSQF-4-converted.pdf
SECRETARIAL PRACTICE ENGLISH
- Job DescriptionThe Trainee in this job performs routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files or answer telephones providing information to callers. Arranges coordinates conferences and meetings, operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers etc. and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management and other applications.
- Last Revised-
- SectorOffice Administration & Facility Management
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours1600
- Accrediting BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT) accredits the Training providers (ITIs/ NSTIs/MSTIs/BTCs/BTPs / Industries / Establishments).
- Certifying BodiesDirectorate General of Training (DGT)
- Proposed Occupation
• 4131.0100 - Secretary/Back Office Support
• 4131.9900 - Typists and Word Processing Operators, Other
- Planned arrangements for RPL
Yes (For more details refer “Guidelines for Private candidate” in DGT website MIS portal).
- Qualification File QF_Secretarial Practice (English)_CTS1.2_NSQF-4-converted.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level TRADE SPECIFIC Familiarisation with shorthand and apply with computer application following safety precautions. 108 4 Prepare a complete sentence with use of logograms grammalogues, contractions, tick ‘The’ & punctuation. Acquire knowledge of Windows operating system. 72 4 Identify the strokes R & H, Abbreviated W. 72 4 Identify small circle for S & Z, Large circle for SW/large loop & small loop /understand MS-Word by using all tools. 72 4 Recognize the direction of SHR, SHL and alternative forms. 36 4 Observed curved hook and compound consonant. 36 4 Recognize different types of hook. 36 4 Develop new sentences apply halving / doubling principles. 108 4 Apply the prefixes. 72 4 Apply the suffixes. 72 4 Identify the monetary units & use it. 36 4 Apply note taking techniques 108 4 Perform on MS-Excel. 72 4 Label the office layout. 144 4 Identify all types of file requirements & implement the same on MS-Power point. 72 4 Demonstrate MS-Power Point Presentation. 36 4 Demonstrate features of MS power Point. 72 4 Familiarisation with Internet functions. 72 4 Identify all types of official tools & equipment. 72 4 Observe all types of postal services. 36 4 Prepare all types of letters and correspondence. 36 4 CORE SKILLS EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS Apply safe working practices. 20 4 Comply with environment regulation and housekeeping. 20 4 Interpret & use formal and technical communication. 20 4 Apply the concept in productivity & quality management in day to day work to improve productivity & quality. 20 4 List and interpret various acts of labour welfare legislation. 20 4 Explain energy conservation, global warming and pollution and contribute in day to day work by optimally using available resources. 20 4 Explain personnel finance, entrepreneurship and manage/ organize related task in day to day work for personal & societal growth. 20 4 Utilize basic computer applications and internet to take benefit of IT developments in the industry. 20 4 Total 1600