Dento Oral Hygienist
- Job Descriptionis a dental allied professional who provides preventive oral health, typically focusing on techniques in oral hygiene. Some of the key responsibilities of the Dento Oral Hygienists are to remove plaque and clean and polish teeth using scaling instruments and a rotating polisher. They apply decay preventive agents such as fluorides and sealants, chart medical and dental histories, and take and develop dental x-ray films. They also screen patients, take a medical history, and add information to the patient’s chart.
- CodeHSS/ Q 2201
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours1000
- Accrediting BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Dento Oral Hygienist: in the Healthcare Industry is also known as Dental Hygienist and Dental Health Worker.
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the UK NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
- Progression Pathway
Progression will be possible in both academic as well as professional area as: Level 6- Team Leader/ Supervisor or Level 6: Specialization in advanced dental procedures through bridge course
- Qualification File NSQF- Dento Oral Hygienist.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Annexure 2- Occupational Mapping Report
- Annexure 3- Functional Analysis Report - Allied Healthcare & Paramedics - 290413
- Annexure 4-RFP - HSSC NOS
- Annexure 5- Validation Group & Industry Consultations
- Annexure 6- QP-NOS- Certificate of Industry Engagement for building QPs
- Annexure 7- QA of Assessment in HSSC
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level HSS/ N 2201: Promote community oral health Mandatory 1000 (Cumulative Notional Hour for all NOS) 5 HSS/ N 2202: Perform infection control and safety procedures Mandatory 5 HSS/ N 2203: Perform risk management/ patient assessment Mandatory 5 HSS/ N 2204: Plan to provide dental hygiene treatment Mandatory 5 HSS/ N 2205: Provide preventive dental hygiene care Mandatory 5 HSS/ N 2206: Assist in providing therapeutic treatment Mandatory 5 HSS/ N 2207: Perform stress/anxiety and pain control procedures Mandatory 5 HSS/ N 2208: Maintain records inventory and equipment Mandatory 5 HSS/ N 2209: Promote and practice productivity/growth Mandatory 5 HSS/ N 9603: Act within the limits of one competence and authority Mandatory 5 HSS/ N 9604: Work effectively with others Mandatory 5 HSS/ N 9605: Manage work to meet requirements Mandatory 5 HSS/ N 9611: Monitor and assure quality Mandatory 5