- Job DescriptionDental Technician works closely with and in direction from Dentist to fabricate dental prostheses to replace or restore missing or damaged teeth. The work in conjunction with dentist, but have little contact with patients.
- CodeHSS/ Q 5301
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours700
- Accrediting BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Certifying BodiesHealthcare Sector Skill Council
- Proposed Occupation
Dental Technician in the Healthcare Industry is also known as a Dental Laboratory Technician and Dental Mechanics.
- International Comparability
While writing the NOSs the UK NOSs were also referred to and an effort was taken to maintain comparability in the technical part of the NOSs.
- Progression Pathway
Progression will be possible in both academic as well as professional area as:
Level 5- Team Leader/ Supervisor -Dental Laboratory
Level 5: Dento Oral Hygienist
- Qualification File NSQF- Dental Technician.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Annexure 2- Occupational Mapping Report
- Annexure 3- Functional Analysis Report - Allied Healthcare & Paramedics - 290413
- Annexure 4-RFP - HSSC NOS
- Annexure 5- Validation Group & Industry Consultations
- Annexure 6- QP-NOS- Certificate of Industry Engagement for building QPs
- Annexure 7- QA of Assessment in HSSC
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level HSS/ N 5301: Assess Case Requirements Mandatory 700 (Cumulative notional hour for all NOS) 4 HSS/ N 5302: Fabricate Cast Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 5303: Fabricate Ceramics Dentures Prostheses Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 5304: Fabricate Partial Removable DenturesProstheses Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 5305: Fabricate Completely Removable Dentures Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 5306: Fabricate Fixed Prostheses Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 5307: Fabricate Orthodontic Appliances Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9603: Act within the limits of one?s competence and authority Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9604: Work effectively with others Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9605: Manage work to meet requirements Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9606: Maintain a safe healthy and secure working environment Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9607: Practice Code of conduct while performing duties Mandatory 4 HSS/ N 9611: Monitor and assure quality Mandatory 4