CTS - Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance’ (MMTM)
- SectorChemicals & Petrochemicals
- NSQF LevelLevel 5
- Notional Hours4160
- Accrediting BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Certifying BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Proposed Occupation
Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the following industries:
• Mechanical Machinery industries.
• In public sector and private industries in India & abroad.
• Self employment
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
• Can take admission in diploma course in notified branches of Engineering by lateral entry.
• Can join as skilled worker in the industry and can become supervisor after doing part-time diploma in relevant branch of Engineering.
• Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
• Can join Crafts Instructor Training Scheme (CITS) in the relevant trade after which they will be employed in ITI/ Vocational Training Institute as instructor.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance’ trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_CTS_MMTM.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level (i) Plan and organize the work to make job as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operation and Check for dimensional accuracy. [Basic fitting operation – marking, Hack-sawing, Chiseling, Filing, Drilling, Taping and Grinding etc. 440 5 (ii) Make different fit of components for assembling as per required tolerance observing principle of interchangeability and check for functionality. [Different Fit – Sliding, Angular, Step fit, Required tolerance: ±0.20 mm, angular tolerance: 1 degree] 80 4 (iii) Set the different parameters to produce components involving basic operations on different machine observing standard procedure and check for accuracy. [Different machines – Shaper, Lathe & Milling, Different machining parameters – feed, speed & dep 200 5 (iv) Prepare components for assembly by carrying out different Heat Treatment and surface finishing operations. [Different Heat Treatment: - Hardening, Tempering case hardening, different surface finish- scrapping, lapping] 120 5 Semester – II (v) Make different fit of components for assembling as per required tolerance observing principle of interchangeability and check for functionality. [Different Fit – square fits, T fits, hexagonal fit, dovetail fit; surface accuracy: ±0.1 mm, angular tole 160 4 (vi) Dismantle, Repair and Assemble of mechanical power transmission elements in machine tools and check for functionality. 280 5 (vii) Carryout preventive maintenance of lubrication & cooling system of different machines as per manufactures guidelines. [Different machines- lathe, drilling, grinding] 120 5 (viii) Prepare machine foundation for erection, install different machines and carry out geometrical tests. [Different machines – shaper, pedestal grinding] 200 5 (ix) Conduct preventive maintenance, perform dismantling & assembly of different components and test for accuracy to carryout advance lathe operation. [Different componentshead stock apron, saddle, tool post tail stock; Different advance lathe operation – 80 5 Semester – III (x) Make / Produce different joints by setting up of gas and arc welding machines and carry out the welding 80 5 (xi) Identify, dismantle, replace and assemble different pneumatics and hydraulics components. [Different components – Compressor, Pressure Gauge, Filter Regulator Lubricator, Valves and Actuators.] 120 4 (xii) Construct circuit of pneumatics and hydraulics observing standard operating procedure & safety aspect. 200 5 (xiii) Make pipe/tube fittings and valve connections for lubricants and coolants, test for leakages. 160 5 (xiv) Conduct preventive maintenance, perform dismantling and assembly of different components machine and test for accuracy of milling machine. 80 5 (xv) Set the different grinding machine and produce component to appropriate accuracy. [Different machine:- Surface & cylindrical grinding; appropriate accuracy ±0.02mm] 120 5 (xvi) Conduct preventive maintenance, perform dismantling & assembly of different components of grinding machine and test for accuracy. [Different components grinding head, lead screw, table, hydraulic cylinders] 80 5 Semester – IV (xvii) Identify and explain basic functioning of different electrical equipment, sensors and apply such knowledge in industrial application including basic maintenance work. [Different electrical & electronics equipment- DC/ AC motors, passive & active el 200 5 (xviii) Programme PLC and interface with other devices to check its 80 4 (xix) Prepare part programme and test on simulation software. 160 5 (xx) Troubleshoot & Overhaul of pumps, fans, blowers & compressors and perform preventive maintenance. 160 5 (xxi) Identify fault carryout maintenance work and break down of different machineries/ equipments viz., shaper, surface grinding, drilling, lathe, milling, in the shop floor, using appropriate tools & equipments to ensure its functionality. 240 5 (xxii) Project Work, Revision & Examination 800 Sub Total (A) 4160
- Formal structure of the qualification