CTS - Marine Engine Fitter
- SectorChemicals & Petrochemicals
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Certifying BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Proposed Occupation
Marine Engine Fitter has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, contractual employment to Industrial jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
Assembler, Stationary Diesel Engine
Mechanic, Petrol Engine
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, ITI passed out trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Progression Pathway
Can join Apprenticeship programme in different types of industries leading to National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC).
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. At present the students who have passed 10th class with minimum 3 years’ experience in relevant field can appear for NCVT theory and practical semester examination directly.
2. The students who have passed SCVT examination in ‘Marine Engine Fitter trade can also appear for the NCVT Examination in the relevant semester and Trade directly.
- Qualification File QF_CTS_Marine Engine Fitter.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level (i) Plan and organize the work to make jab as per specification applying different types of basic fitting operation and check for dimensional accuracy. [Basic fitting operation: marking, hack sawing, chipping, filing, drilling, Tapping] 160 4 (ii) Demonstrate different joining operations observing standard procedure. [Different joints – bolt joints, riveting, gas welding arc welding, brazing, lock nut, cotter split pin etc.] 200 4 (iii) Perform dismantling & assembling of multi-cylinder marine engine as per Makers’ manual and check functionality. 440 4 (iv) Overhaul Oil pump, Filters, Radiator, Cooling system and check functionality. 80 4 Semester – II (v) Overhaul air compressor, turbo charger and perform Gas charging & leak Testing of engine refrigeration. 80 4 (vi) Check the cooling & lubrication system and conduct necessary maintenance as per requirement 40 4 (vii) Diagnosis engine faults Erect & Install Engines and ensure functionality. 360 4 (viii) Repair & maintain Fuel feed systems, fuel Injection pump. 280 4 (ix) Maintain shop floor tools & Equipments as per standard procedure. 80 4 (x) Measure and test Electrical / Electronics circuits/ components and check performance. 120 4 (xi) Revision, Project work and Examination 240 Sub Total (A) 2080