Digital Still Photography
- Job DescriptionThe Digital Still Photographer is able to use a digital camera and its accessories to take pictures in automatic and manual modes, while applying appropriate lighting, camera settings and visual composition techniques. The individual is able to take aesthetically sound portraits, landscapes, action pictures, low light and night-time pictures, indoor pictures and panoramas, based on specifications.
- Originally Approved 1st NSQC-NCVET - August 2020
- Last Revised
- SectorMedia & Entertainment
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours440
- Accrediting BodiesNational Film Development Corporation Ltd.
- Certifying BodiesNational Film Development Corporation Ltd.
- Proposed Occupation
Digital Still Photographer
- International Comparability
Not yet established
- Progression Pathway
Horizontal progression Camera Assistant, Graphic Designer
Vertical Progression Specialized Photographer (Medical, Marketing, Fashion, Journalism, etc.)
- Planned arrangements for RPL
RPL shall be conducted based on this qualifications based on details mentioned in section no. 22
- Qualification File Q-File Digital Still Photography (2).pdf
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level UNIT I Introduction to Digital Photography 4 4 UNIT II – The Digital Camera 24 4 UNIT III – Operation of Camera in Automatic Mode 40 4 UNIT IV – Basic Concepts of Photography 24 4 UNIT V – Operating Camera in Manual Mode 72 4 UNIT VI – Photography Techniques 96 4 UNIT VI – Post-Production Activities 56 4 UNIT VII – Troubleshooting 16 4 UNIT XI - Communication 8 3 UNIT XII - Health and Safety 8 4 UNIT XIII - IPR and Information Security 8 4 Project 88 4 Total Hours 440