ATS - Housekeeper (Hotel)
- SectorTourism & Hospitality
- NSQF LevelLevel 4
- Notional Hours2080
- Accrediting BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Certifying BodiesNational Council for Vocational Training (NCVT)
- Proposed Occupation
Housekeeper (Hotel) has a wide scope of Employability ranging from self-employment, Tourism and hospitality jobs. On successful completion of this course, the candidates shall be gainfully employed in the industries for following occupations:
Domestic House Keeping
Institution House Keeping
- International Comparability
1. Existence of any official document suggesting the comparability of the qualification with the qualifications in other countries is not known.
2. However, NAC holder trainees are getting employment in many Gulf countries, European countries, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore etc.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
1. Only those candidates will be to appear in the Test conducted by NCVT as Private candidate who have already acquired the National Trade Certificate.
2. Three (03) years experience of the candidates wishing to appear as Private candidate after obtaining NTC should be in the same trade in which he proposed to acquire the National Apprenticeship Certificate.
3. Private candidates possessing the minimum educational qualification required for engagement as an apprentice in that particular trade and the minimum experience as stated above would only be permitted.
4. Candidates are to be sponsored by an establishment and should not be entertained directly.
5. Only, the experience acquired by the candidate in an establishment implementing the Apprentices Act,1961 should be considered and such certificate should be issued by the Officer In-charge of Training of that establishment.
- Qualification File QF - Housekeeper Hotel.pdf
- Supporting Documents
- Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Estimated size (Hours) Level 1. Understand and apply high standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the hotel, all guest rooms and areas. 145 4 2. Understand all hotel services and activities. 145 4 3. Demonstration on allocation of areas cleaning on a daily basis fairly, in accordance with hotel procedures and hotel business. 150 5 4. Ensure all guest and team members’ laundry and dry cleaning is processed in accordance with hotel procedures, charges are raised and documentation completed for hotel audit procedures. 150 5 5. Fully aware of linen procedures and assist with linen stock takes as required. 145 4 6. Order, receive and issue cleaning materials and carry out stock takes as required. 145 4 8. The periodic cleaning of areas as requested. 150 4 9. Fully aware of, and strictly adhere to, security procedures laid down by the hotel and company. This to include keys, stock, cash and property. 150 4 10. Record and report all faults and damage arising to Maintenance. 150 4 11. Ensure all housekeeping equipment is used safely and effectively. 150 4 12. Ensure on all occasions you observe safe and hygienic working practices in order to satisfy Health and Safety at Work and other statutory legislation. 150 4 13. Record, report and process lost property according to hotel procedures. 150 4 14. The training of team members in order to encourage and obtain maximum commitment. This to include recording of training, Induction and National Vocational Qualifications. 150 5 15. Aware of and strictly adhere to fire procedure precautions and bomb threat procedures as laid down by the hotel and company in order to satisfy statutory legislation. 150 16. Comply with your responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 as detailed in the QMH Fire Safety Management System, a copy of which can be found in the hotel or accessed on the intranet. 17. Fully aware of and adhere to Health and Safety and fire procedures. 18. Fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook. 19. Fully aware of all hotel services and activities. Total (Block-I) Basic Training, internal assessment and Examination 2080 Sub Total (A) 500 2580
- Formal structure of the qualification