Certificate Course in PC Assembly & Maintenance
- Originally Approved
- Last Revised
- NSQF LevelLevel 3
- Notional Hours80
- Accrediting BodiesExamination Cell, National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, 6-CGO Complex, Electronics Niketan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
- Certifying BodiesExamination Cell, National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, 6-CGO Complex, Electronics Niketan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
- Proposed Occupation
Computer Technician,Technical support(Desktop)
- International Comparability
Yes (details available in Section 5)
- Progression Pathway
Academic progression: As this is an entry level course students completing this course and who passed 12 standard can further study the ESDM course Assembly and maintenance of Personal Computer which is having 240 learning hour.
Professional progression: The entry level job profile will be junior technician and with experience he/she can be progress to senior technician.
- Planned arrangements for RPL
Presently, only candidates who undergo training shall be assessed and it will be incorporated once RPL strategy is finalized.
- Qualification File QF for Certificate Course in PC Assembly _ Maintenancee.pdf
- Supporting Documents
Formal structure of the qualification
Title of unit or other component Mandatory/ Optional Estimated size (Hours) Level Understanding the basic of computer and its different I/O devices Mandatory 15 3 Develop skills to identify Monitors (CRT/ LCD/LED),Memory Mandatory 11 3 Develop skills to identify Hard Disk (SATA, USB, Solid State) Mandatory 6 3 Develop skills to identify different types of Mother Board, its components and configuring it. Mandatory 9 3 Develop skills to identify different types of Buses and their usage Mandatory 4 3 Develop skills to identify I/O Ports, graphic cards and their usage Mandatory 5 3 Develop skills to install and configure Printer/Modem/OS/Scanner Mandatory 10 3 Acquiring skills to setup Computer BIOS Mandatory 7 3 Acquiring skills to troubleshoot and recovery of Computer Mandatory 9 3 Develop skills for preventive maintenance & setting up of Anti-Virus Mandatory 7 3 Acquiring the Networking Fundamentals skills Mandatory 7 3